Evidence - Civil
Exhibit List Requirements:
- An updated, legible, and specific exhibit list MUST be provided to the trial clerk on the first day of trial.
- The list is to include the Case #, the party name, party type (Pltf., Resp., Mother, Father, etc.), exhibit #, description of the exhibit and hearing/trial date.
- The exhibits must be numbered sequentially.
- An exhibits list which states “all”, “any” and “any and all” will not be accepted.
- All exhibits that will be entered into evidence must be pre-marked using the Civil Exhibit Card Template and affixed to the back of the exhibit.
- All exhibits must be marked for ID on the exhibit card.
- Numbers and letters only: No symbols
- Exhibit #’s: No more than 10 characters including spaces
- The exhibits list must be numbered sequentially.
- Large demonstrative poster boards or items to be used in court for evidence must be accompanied by a smaller version for submissions to the Clerk. Exhibits must be stapled, bound or fastened together with an ACCO type fastener (two-pronged locking paper compressor).
- NO NOTEBOOK BINDERS
- NO RUBBER BANDS
- NO PAPER CLIPS
- Depositions and pleadings are NOT marked as exhibits, EXCEPT:
- When a party would like the court to take judicial notice of any document or pleading;
- When the document or pleading is published to the jury.
Civil Exhibit Card Template
Exhibit Labeling Requirement:
- Use the Civil Exhibit Card Template provided; you may do one of the following:
- Make copies of the card for each exhibit; or
- Use Avery labels 5163 which can then be adhered to the BACK of the page. (Template can be scanned onto Avery Labels).
- The exhibit card must be filled out completely and legibly.
- Must have case #, party type circled, and exhibit#.
- Tape the card to the BACK of each exhibit (no clips).
- Any exhibit with multiple sections should be designated by number and letter. i.e. 1A, 1B, 1C, etc.
If you have any questions, contact the Clerk’s office at (561) 355-2986 between the hours of
8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday - Friday, excluding holidays.