Transfer of Lien to Bond
Transfer of Lien to Bond - (561) 355-6214
What is a lien?
- An official claim or charge against property or funds for payment of a debt or an amount owed for services.
- Any lien against real property must be recorded with the Clerk & Comptroller’s Recording Department to be enforceable.
What is a cash bond?
A written guarantee or pledge of cash to guarantee some form of performance, such as an appearance in court.
How do I transfer a lien to a bond?
You must provide a
- Recorded copy of the claim of lien to be bonded with the name of principal, address and phone number written on the back, or the surety bond (original document)
- Cashier's check (as required by Florida Statutes – Chapter 713)
What are the court fees for the cash bond?
Court costs are calculated as follows:
- Amount of the claim of lien
- Plus the legal rate of interest for a 3 year period,
- Plus $1,000.00 or 25% of the lien amount (whichever is greater)
What additional fees are required?
- There is a fee per page for making and serving a certificate of transfer of lien from property to security, and postage fees.
- Approval fee by the Deputy Clerk (Only for a surety bond - based on a person’s real property rather than cash)
See Fees and Costs for more information. Recording and notification fees must be paid by check.