Welcome to the Clerk & Comptroller’s Homeowner Support page.
We understand that the foreclosure process can be overwhelming—from court documents and procedures to the impact it has on you and your family. There are so many homeowner services advertised, some of which are scams. This Homeowner Support page is provided as a starting point for you to get the help you need from trusted sources, whether you are trying to avoid foreclosure or already have a foreclosure case in court.
The Clerk & Comptroller’s office processes all foreclosure-related court documents, notices of action and motions. After a foreclosure judgment, the office conducts the foreclosure auction and issues all post-sale documents.
- What to Do When Facing Foreclosure, online video, NeighborWorks America
- My House is Being Foreclosed!, brochure, FloridaLawHelp.org
- Resources Available to Distressed Homeowners, brochure, Office of the Attorney General of Florida
- The Foreclosure Process, web page, The Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, Inc. – Fair Housing Project: Foreclosure Defense Unit
- Foreclosure Process, web page, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Foreclosure Timeline, web page, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Glossary of Terms, web page, Making Home Affordable.Gov
- Foreclosure Information and Resources, online information packet, The Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County
- Foreclosure Defense Unit, Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, call: 561-655-8944, Ext. 325 or email: email@example.com
- Lawyer Referral Service, web page, Palm Beach County Bar Association, or call: 561-687-3266
- Clerk & Comptroller’s Self Service Centers, low-cost attorney consultations, legal forms, including Answer to Foreclosure Complaint
- Mortgage Payments Sending You Reeling? Here’s What to Do, web page, Federal Trade Commission
- Avoiding Foreclosure, web page, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Avoid Foreclosure: Know Your Options, online video, Making Home Affordable.Gov website
- Save Your Home: Tips to Avoid Foreclosure, brochure, Federal Housing Administration, HUD
- How to Protect Yourself: Tips for Avoiding Mortgage Foreclosures, web page, Attorney General of Florida
- Making Home Affordable.Gov, mortgage relief website, Departments of the Treasury & Housing and Urban Development
- Is Foreclosure Knocking at Your Door?, brochure re: mortgage modification programs
- Reverse Mortgages: Get the Facts Before Cashing in on Your Home’s Equity, web page, Federal Trade Commission
Protect Yourself From Scams
- Beware of Foreclosure Rescue Scams!, web page, Treasury & Housing and Urban Development
- How You Can Avoid Foreclosure Scams, online video, Making Home Affordable.Gov website
- Mortgage Fraud, web page, Office of the Attorney General of Florida
- How to Report Scams, website, Loan Modification Scam Alert
- Report Mortgage Fraud or Loan Scams, web page, StopFraud.gov
- Florida Attorney General’s Fraud Hotline, 866-9-NO-SCAM
- Home Loan Modification Scams, flyer, AARPElderWatch.org
Help for Seniors
The Clerk & Comptroller's Office provides the information and links on this page as an informational resource guide for homeowners. We make no warranty or guarantee regarding the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the content on this site or at any third party site, including those other sites referenced on this page. The Clerk & Comptroller's Office is not responsible for any damage, loss, injury, claim or the results arising from any use or reference to the information on this page or any other site.
The information provided is not intended as a substitute for legal advice or representation by an attorney. No attorney-client relationship is created between the Clerk & Comptroller and any person obtaining information from this website. If you have questions or concerns regarding your legal rights, it is strongly recommended that you talk to an attorney. If you do not know an attorney, you may call the Lawyer Referral Service at (561) 687-3266.
Laws and homeowner assistance programs change frequently. We strive to keep this website up to date but cannot provide a guarantee that this information is accurate as of the time you are reading it.
Frequently Asked Questions