Certificate of Title Information
ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER (2016) 12.502-10/16
Reset of Foreclosure Sales Canceled Due to Hurricane Matthew on Wednesday, October 5 and Thursday, October 6, 2016
|The Clerk is currently issuing Certificates of Title for foreclosure sales that occurred September 29 - October 4, 2016.
If you purchased a property at a foreclosure sale prior to this date, and you have not received your certificate of title, please verify the following:
- The proof of publication has been filed and docketed.
- All fees have been paid ($70 Clerk sale fee, documentary stamps and $60 online sale fee).
- The Clerk has been provided with the proposed Certificate of Title, with the legal description of the property.
- There has been no objection to the sale filed.
- A party to the case has not filed bankruptcy.
- If the Plaintiff had the winning bid, but intends to assign the winning bid to another party: verify that the judgment addresses the ability to assign or that there is an order permitting the assignment.
If you have verified all of these items, please call (561) 355-6240 and have the sale date and case number available.
If you purchased a property at a foreclosure sale after the date referenced above, please know that our office is working to issue Certificates of Title as quickly as possible. Please continue to check this page for updates.
Since July 2009, the Clerk & Comptroller's office has lost millions of dollars to budget cuts and was forced to eliminate 109 jobs. At the same time, foreclosure volumes have increased to historic levels. Read more about how the Clerk's office is working to clear the foreclosure backlog.