SPACES FILLED FOR “SWEETHEART DEAL”
VALENTINE’S DAY WEDDING
Waiting list is open for couples to take part in Clerk Bock’s free group ceremony
WEST PALM BEACH, FL (December 30, 2010) – Local couples were quick to take Clerk Sharon Bock’s “Sweetheart Deal” of a free Valentine’s Day group wedding at the National Croquet Center in West Palm Beach. All 40 spots for the “Sweetheart Deal” group Valentine’s Day wedding ceremony were filled by Wednesday evening. Registration for the ceremony opened Tuesday morning.
“We’re overwhelmed by the response to our Sweetheart Deal Valentine’s Day wedding,” Clerk Bock said. “I’m honored to be able to share a very special day with so many couples.”
A waiting list is now open for those still hoping for a spot among the 40 couples that Clerk Bock will marry in the unique group ceremony at the Croquet Center. Any available spots that open before the wedding day will be filled by couples on the waiting list.
Clerk Bock will lead the group ceremony on Valentine’s Day for the 40 couples who registered online at mypalmbeachclerk.eventbrite.com. This event is provided at no cost to taxpayers thanks to the generosity of the following “Sweetheart Deal” community partners:
- The National Croquet Center - Providing its West Palm Beach facility for the event. The Center’s exclusive caterer, SandyJames Fine Foods, will provide a champagne toast for all couples.
- Heaven & Earth Floral – Providing a rose for each bride and boutonniere for each groom, as well as a floral centerpiece for the ceremony.
- Hoffman’s Chocolates - Donating 150 wedding cupcakes to be enjoyed after the ceremony.
- Lawrence of Florida Entertainment & Events – Providing DJ services at the event and a $250 gift certificate towards a four-hour reception with a DJ or band for one of the couples.
- Anushka Spa, Salon, & Cosmedical Centre at CityPlace – Providing spa services for one lucky bride.
- Crane’s Beach House – Donating a two-night stay in a one-bedroom suite on Feb. 14 and 15 for one lucky wedding couple.
- Hyatt Place - Donating a two-night stay in an executive boardroom suite for one lucky couple at its new hotel in downtown West Palm Beach.
- Wright by the Sea – Donating a two-night stay for one lucky couple in a one-bedroom ocean view apartment on Feb. 14 and 15. Prize package includes a bottle of champagne from Old Vines Wine & Spirits, a pizza from Fratelli’s Italian Restaurant, and dinner for one person from Phyllis G’s Enigma Bistro.
For more information about the Clerk’s office, please visit www.mypalmbeachclerk.com or call (561) 355-2996.
The Florida Constitution established the independent office of the Clerk & Comptroller as a public trustee, responsible for safeguarding public records and public funds. Clerk Sharon Bock is directly elected by and accountable to Palm Beach County residents. In addition to the roles of Clerk of the Circuit Court, County Recorder and Clerk of the Board of County Commissioners, the Clerk & Comptroller is the Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer and Auditor for Palm Beach County.
# # #
For the latest breaking news: