Exhibit List Requirements
An updated, legible, and specific exhibit list must be provided to the trial clerk on the first day of trial.
The list is to include the Case #, the party name, party type (Pltf., Resp., Mother, Father, etc.), exhibit #, description of the exhibit and hearing/trial date.
The exhibits must be numbered sequentially.
An exhibits list which states “all”, “any” and “any and all” will not be accepted.
All exhibits that will be entered into evidence must be pre-marked using the Civil Exhibit Card Template and affixed to the back of the exhibit.
All exhibits must be marked for ID on the exhibit card.
- Numbers and letters only: No symbols
- Exhibit #’s: No more than 10 characters including spaces
The exhibits list must be numbered sequentially.
Large demonstrative poster boards or items to be used in court for evidence must be accompanied by a smaller version for submissions to the Clerk. Exhibits must be stapled, bound or fastened together with an ACCO type fastener (two-pronged locking paper compressor).
- No notebook binders
- No rubber bands
- No paper clips
Depositions and pleadings are NOT marked as exhibits, EXCEPT:
- When a party would like the court to take judicial notice of any document or pleading; or
- When the document or pleading is published to the jury.
Exhibit Labeling Requirement
Use the Civil Exhibit Card Template provided; you may do one of the following:
- Make copies of the card for each exhibit; or
- Use Avery labels 5163 which can then be adhered to the BACK of the page. (Template can be scanned onto Avery Labels).
The exhibit card must be filled out completely and legibly.
- Must have case #, party type circled, and exhibit #.
Tape the card to the BACK of each exhibit (no clips).
Any exhibit with multiple sections should be designated by number and letter. i.e. 1A, 1B, 1C, etc.
If you have any questions, contact the Clerk’s office at (561) 355-2986 between the hours of 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday - Friday, excluding the holidays listed here.