Exhibit List Requirements
An updated, legible, and specific exhibit list MUST be provided to the Court on the first day of the trial/hearing (if the trial is continued, then you will submit the remainder of the Exhibits at the continued hearing).
The list should include the Case #, the party name, party type (Petitioner, Respondent, Plaintiff, Defendant, PR, Guardian, Incap, Trustee, 3rd Party Pet., 3rd Party, etc.), exhibit #, description of the exhibit and the hearing/trial date must be specified.
The exhibits must be numbered sequentially.
An exhibits list which states “all”, “any” and “any and all” will not be accepted.
All exhibits that will be entered into evidence must be pre-marked using the Probate Exhibit Card Template and affixed to the back of the exhibit.
All exhibits must be marked for ID on the exhibit card.
- Numbers and letters only: No symbols
- Exhibit #’s: No more than 10 characters including spaces
Large demonstrative poster boards or items to be used in court for evidence must be accompanied by a smaller version for submissions to the Clerk. Exhibits must be stapled, bound or fastened together with an ACCO type fastener (two-pronged locking paper compressor).
- No notebook binders
- No rubber bands
- No paper clips
Depositions and pleadings are NOT marked as exhibits, except:
- When a party would like the court to take judicial notice of any document or pleading; or
- When the document or pleading is published to the jury.
Exhibit Labeling Requirement
Use the Probate Exhibit Card Template provided; you may do one of the following:
- Make copies of the card for each exhibit; or
- Use Avery labels 5163 which can then be adhered to the BACK of the page. (Template can be scanned onto Avery Labels).
The exhibit card must be filled out completely and legibly.
- Must have case #, party type circled, exhibit# and date of trial/hearing.
Tape the card to the BACK of each exhibit (no clips).
Any exhibit with multiple sections should be designated by number and letter. i.e. 1A, 1B, 1C, etc.
Place a sticker (can be obtained from an office supply store) on the bottom right hand corner of the front of each exhibit clearly identifying Plaintiff or Defendant.
If you have any questions, contact the Clerk’s office at (561) 355-2986 between the hours of 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday - Friday, excluding the holidays listed here.