Marriage Licenses by Appointment Only, Mondays - Thursdays; No Ceremonies at This Time
Our offices are closed for non-essential, in-person services. Marriage ceremonies are suspended at this time. Marriage licenses will be issued by appointment only, Mondays - Thursdays, at our offices in the North County Courthouse and the South County Courthouse. To schedule an appointment, please call (561) 624-6650.
Couples wishing to get married in Florida may apply for a license at any Clerk & Comptroller location throughout Palm Beach County. Marriage licenses are issued through the Clerk's Circuit Civil department.
The license is valid in any Florida county for a period of 60 days. Once issued, Florida residents must wait three days to get married, unless the couple attends a premarital course from this list of registered providers and presents the certificate of completion when applying for their license. There is no waiting period for non-Florida residents see Waiting Period & Discounted License for additional exceptions to this rule). The Clerk’s office also performs marriage ceremonies.
- Marriage License Requirements
- Waiting Period & Discounted License
- Marriage Ceremonies
- Copies & Certified Copies of Marriage Licenses
Both parties must be present when applying for a marriage license and each must present one of the following forms of identification (ID must be valid and non-expired):
- Driver's license issued in the United States;
- Federal or state identification card; or
- Passport showing your name and date of birth (birth certificates or green cards are not accepted).
If either person was married before, the manner in which the last marriage ended and the exact date the marriage ended are needed. Copies of the death certificate, final decree of divorce, annulment or blood test are not required. You do not have to be a resident of Florida to apply.
Both parties must read the Family Law Handbook (available below) prior to obtaining a marriage license.
Requirements for Minors 17 to 18 Years Old (One or Both Applicants)
All of the following are required:
- The person is at least 17 years of age and provides the written consent of his or her parents or legal guardian, which is acknowledged by an officer authorized by law to take acknowledgements and administer oaths; and
- The older party to the marriage is not more than 2 years older than the younger party to the marriage.
The mandatory three-day waiting period for Florida residents may be waived if the couple attends a premarital course (minimum of 4 hours) from a registered provider and presents a certificate of completion when applying for a license. There is no waiting period for non-Florida residents.
Additionally, both residents and non-residents of Florida may receive a $25 discount on their marriage license by completing a premarital course. The course must be completed no more than one year prior to the date of application for a marriage license. Both parties must attend the course and, once again, a certificate of completion must be presented at the time of application to be eligible for the discount.
Certificates or letters showing completion of a premarital course must include the number of hours attended (minimum of 4 hours required).
Say “I do” at the Clerk’s office! Our wedding package includes a marriage license, ceremony, wedding photography and marriage certificate all for $141.
- Marriage License
- Marriage ceremony in the beautifully-decorated matrimonial room
- Photography Package (four digital photographs on CD with one 8” x 10” print)
- Commemorative Certificate
See photos of our beautifully decorated wedding ceremony room in our Belle Glade office. Ceremonies are also available at our West Palm Beach, Delray Beach and Palm Beach Gardens locations.
Ceremonies are not performed at our Royal Palm Beach office in the Midwestern Communities Service Center, but marriage licenses are available.
To view a marriage license recorded in Palm Beach County, search the Official Records online. Uncertified copies may be printed on your own printer for free. Certified copies may be obtained from the Clerk's Records Service Center. If your license was obtained in another county or state, you must search the records in that county or state.
- Family Law Handbook - English
- Family Law Handbook - Español
- Marriage License Application
- Affirmation of Common Children Born in Florida - Pursuant to Florida Statute 741.01, this form is provided to allow both parties to the marriage to state under oath in writing if they are the parents of a child born in this state and to identify any such child they have in common by name, date of birth, place of birth, and if available, birth certificate number - one form per child.
All Clerk & Comptroller locations are open Monday-Friday (except designated holidays) from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
205 N. Dixie Hwy. Room 3.2300
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Main Courthouse Mailing Address
P.O. Box 4667
West Palm Beach, FL 33402-4667
North County Courthouse
3188 PGA Blvd.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
South County Courthouse
200 W. Atlantic Ave.
Delray Beach, FL 33444
West County Courthouse
2950 State Road 15, Room S-100
Belle Glade, FL 33430
West County Branch Mailing Address (for USPS Express, Priority or Certified Mail - signature required)
P.O. Box 4115
West Palm Beach, FL 33402
Midwestern Communities Service Center
200 Civic Center Way, Suite 500
Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411
Marriage licenses only, no ceremonies