Free Do-It-Yourself In Court Workshops
Are you representing yourself in court? The Clerk & Comptroller's Self-Service Center hosts free workshops each month on a variety of topics. Plus, toolboxes from past workshops offer additional resources to help you.
Your Guide Through the Courts
The Self-Service Center is your go-to source for help navigating the court system in Palm Beach County, providing the resources you need to represent yourself, access the courts and much more!
Self-Service Centers are available in the Main Courthouse (room 1.25 on the first floor) and in all branch courthouse locations. Self-Service Centers are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Self-Service Center Offerings
- Public Access Computers
- User-friendly Legal Forms
- Free Navigator Assistance with Form Preparation
- Notary, Copy and Fax Services
- Video Relay System for the Hearing Impaired
- Mail Order Form Request Line
- Community Resource Referrals (Legal, Mediation, Counseling, Elder & Social Services)
Many free family law forms are available online from the Office of Florida State Courts.
The following legal forms can be downloaded for free from our Self-Service forms page:
- Evictions (Landlord/Tenant Action)
- Small Claims
Forms available for purchase include the following (and more):
The forms have instructions including how many copies are needed, where to take the forms and what the next steps are. The prices of these forms range from $1 to $20, and they may be purchased at any Self-Service Center location.
If you know the form packet you wish to purchase, you may contact us at (561) 355-7048 and submit a request over the phone.
Once you have completed your forms, you have the option to electronically file them.
It is important to include your name, address and telephone number on every document you file with the court.
Navigator Document Preparation Assistance
Free document preparation assistance is available by appointment at our West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens and Delray locations. The Navigator can assist you in completing court documents and can give you procedural information for most family law and county civil actions. They cannot give you legal advice or represent you in court.
See what forms with which a Navigator can assist you.
To schedule an appointment with our Navigator, please call 561.355.7048
Notice of Related Cases Tutorial
For more information about this tutorial, please contact the Clerk & Comptroller's Self-Service Center at (561) 355-7048.
Notice of Confidential Information Within Court Filing
Any court filings made in a Florida court that contain confidential information must be accompanied by a Notice of Confidential Information – a form that lists exemptions to public records laws, including adoption records, Social Security or bank account numbers, HIV test results or information identifying victims of sexual offenses. Read more, including links to helpful resources.
These links are not affiliated with the Clerk's office.
- Florida Free Legal Answers, from the Florida Bar and the American Bar Association, offers low-income Floridians a way to get their legal questions answered by a licensed attorney completely free of charge.
- Office of Florida State Courts offers free family law forms online.
- FloridaNameChange, a free tool to create the documents needed to legally change your name in all 67 counties in Florida
- Turning18, a free tool to help parents with guardianship once their developmentally disabled children reach 18
- Injunction for Protection: Vulnerable Adult informational brochure, also available in Spanish and Creole
Accepted Forms of Payment
The Self-Service Center accepts the below forms of payment.
- American Express
- Money order
- Cashier’s check