Elect to Attend Traffic School (Withholding Points)
When selecting the traffic school option to satisfy your citation, you must certify, pursuant to Florida Statute 318.14(9), that:
- You have not elected to attend traffic school within the preceding 12 months.
- You have not elected to attend traffic school more than 5 times within your lifetime.
- You do not hold a commercial drivers license.
- You must pay the fine amount applicable to your citation at the same time you elect to attend traffic school.
- You are responsible to contact one of the traffic schools to obtain the school fee and enrollment information.
- You must attend a school certified by the State of Florida within 90 days from the date of this election.
- Once elected, failure to complete traffic school will result in the suspension of your driver’s license, points assessed to your record, and imposition of additional costs.
- No further extension of time beyond 90 days will be granted unless due to extraordinary circumstances.
Check Your Eligibility to Elect Driver School in Lieu of Points
The Department of Highway Safety Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) provides information to customers regarding their eligibility to elect driving school in lieu of points. To check your eligibility, you will need to enter your driver license number.
Pay Your Traffic Ticket
- Pay your traffic ticket online
- Pay your traffic ticket by mail or in person
- See Fees & Costs for the fine amount*
*For most moving violations, the civil fine will be reduced by 9%.
Approved Traffic Schools
A list of approved traffic schools is available online from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. It is your responsibility to contact the agency of your choice.
You must attend the class within 90 days from the date of election. The enrollment fee is in addition to any fine for the violation. Failure to complete traffic school within 90 days from the date of election will result in points assessed against your driving record and additional fines and late fees.
Proof of Completion
You must send the proof of completion to the Clerk & Comptroller at one of our Palm Beach County locations. If you attend traffic school in Palm Beach County, the agency should notify the Clerk & Comptroller of your school completion. You may verify receipt of completion by contacting the Clerk & Comptroller at (561) 355-2994.
Information for Traffic Schools
Traffic schools can submit certificates of completion online to the Clerk's office using my Documents.*
Traffic schools must use the Internet Explorer web browser to submit completions. This system is compatible with the Internet Explorer web browser only. The Microsoft Silverlight plugin must be installed. Other web browsers and mobile access are not supported at this time.