Offices Closed for All In-Person, Non-Essential Services
Our offices are closed for non-essential, in-person services. Information and updates about Clerk & Comptroller services and operations affected by coronavirus COVID-19 is available at www.mypalmbeachclerk.com/coronavirus.
The Clerk & Comptroller’s Juvenile Division is located in the Unified Family Court Department in room 3.22 of the Main Courthouse's Civil and Criminal wing. Juvenile Court hearings take place in the Juvenile wing of the Main Courthouse.
Due to the confidential nature of cases involving juveniles, information will not be given over the telephone. Information regarding juvenile matters will only be made available to the juvenile, the juvenile's parents, the juvenile's or parents' attorney of record, and designated government/social service agencies.
For access to information contained in the court file, the person must appear at the Juvenile Office with photo identification.
- Juvenile delinquency cases (violations of criminal law)
- Juvenile dependency cases (cases of child abuse, neglect, abandonment, shelter, termination of parental rights, or adoptions)
- Children In Need of Services / Families In Need of Services (for the protection and care of children, the promotion of stability in families, and provision of needed services)
- Cases involving termination of pregnancy of a minor (Parental Notice of Abortion Act)
- A Petition For Judicial Waiver of Parental Notice of Termination of Pregnancy may be filed by visiting the Clerk’s Juvenile department in room 3.22 of the Main Courthouse or at any of our branch courthouse locations.
- A minor may petition any circuit court in which the minor resides for a waiver of the notice requirements.
- Minor may participate in proceedings on her own behalf however court-appointed counsel will be provided at no cost to the minor.
- The petition may be filed under a pseudonym or through the use of initials.
- The petition must include a statement that the petitioner is pregnant and notice has not been waived.
- The forms (Petition for Judicial Waiver of Parental Notice of Termination of Pregnancy and Sworn Statement of True Name and Psedonym) will be provided to the petitioner. Your court appointed counsel will assist you in filling out the forms.
- There are no fees to file this petition.
- All case information is kept confidential and will not be released to anyone without a Court Order.
- More information about the process may be found in Administrative Order 5.802-9/08.
Appeals on juvenile-dependency cases should be filed in Room 3.22 of the Main Courthouse, Civil and Criminal wing. For filing fee information, see Unified Family Court Service Charges & Fees.