Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email
address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic
email to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

Pursuant to 119.12 (2), F.S., the custodian of public records is Hampton Peterson, 561.355.2996.

Go back to: Home / Frequently Asked Questions / Unified Family Court

Search Records Now

  • eCaseView
  • Search Official Records
  • Reimagined Website Coming Soon

FAQ: Unified Family Court


Juvenile - (561) 355-6511

Legal Regulations

Juvenile Records


Referrals/Other Assistance


Legal Regulations

What laws govern the Juvenile Courts?

What cases are handled by the Juvenile Court?

Cases pertaining to children 18 years old or younger for matters involving:

  • Delinquency (Violations of the criminal law)
  • Dependency (Child abuse, neglect or abandonment)
  • Cases involving termination of pregnancy of a minor (Parental Notice of Abortion Act)
  • Children In Need of Services / Families In Need of Services (for the protection and care of children, the promotion of stability in families, and provision of needed services)

What are some examples of juvenile delinquency charges?

Charges could be (but are not limited to):

  • Aggravated Assault/Battery
  • Theft, Burglary
  • Alcohol/Substance Abuse, Drug/Marijuana Possession
  • Disorderly Conduct/Criminal Mischief

Juvenile Records

Are juvenile records confidential?


  • All Juvenile records are confidential, under Florida State Statutes chapters 39 and 985.  
  • Information is only available to the juvenile, the juvenile’s parents, the juvenile's or parents’ attorney of record, and specific state agencies pursuant to statute.

How can I find out about juvenile delinquency and dependency cases?

All information regarding juvenile cases is confidential and cannot be discussed over the telephone.

If you are authorized to have access to the court files (juvenile, the juvenile’s parents and/or the juvenile's or parents’ attorney of record), you must

  • Appear in person at the Main Courthouse, 3rd floor, room 3.22.
  • Provide valid identification with a government issued picture I.D.


What are the current fees related to juvenile cases?

Refer to Fees and Costs for current fees.

Referrals/Other Assistance

If my child’s behavior is "out of control," where is help available?

To get information on community resources or referrals, you may:

How can I report what I think is a child abuse, neglect, or abandonment situation? 

You should call the Abuse Hotline for the State of Florida at 1-800-96ABUSE (1-800-962-2873) to report the situation. Your call will remain anonymous.

What is the Juvenile Assessment Center (JAC)?

The JAC is a centralized processing, referral and evaluation center for all juveniles arrested in Palm Beach County. At this facility, representatives from law enforcement and social service agencies, work together to provide services for the juvenile after his/her arrest.


Contact Information

(561) 355-2996
Email Us
Fees & Costs
E-Newsletter Sign Up
Self Service Center
Time-Saving Tips