Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email
address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic
email to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

Pursuant to 119.12 (2), F.S., the custodian of public records is Hampton Peterson, 561.355.2996.

Go back to: Home / Frequently Asked Questions

Search Records Now

  • eCaseView
  • Search Official Records

FAQ: Recording

Transfer of Lien to Bond

Transfer of Lien to Bond - (561) 355-6214

What is a lien?

  • An official claim or charge against property or funds for payment of a debt or an amount owed for services.
  • Any lien against real property must be recorded with the Clerk & Comptroller’s Recording Department to be enforceable.

What is a cash bond?

A written guarantee or pledge of cash to guarantee some form of performance, such as an appearance in court.

How do I transfer a lien to a bond?

You must provide a

  • Recorded copy of the claim of lien to be bonded with the name of principal, address and phone number written on the back, or the surety bond (original document)
  • Cashier's check (as required by Florida Statutes – Chapter 713)

What are the court fees for the cash bond?

Court costs are calculated as follows:

  • Amount of the claim of lien
  • Plus the legal rate of interest for a 3 year period,
  • Plus $1,000.00 or 25% of the lien amount (whichever is greater)

What additional fees are required?

  • There is a fee per page for making and serving a certificate of transfer of lien from property to security, and postage fees.
  • Approval fee by the Deputy Clerk (Only for a surety bond - based on a person’s real property rather than cash)

See Fees and Costs for more information. Recording and notification fees must be paid by check.


Contact Information

(561) 355-2996
Email Us
Fees & Costs
E-Newsletter Sign Up
Self Service Center
Time-Saving Tips