Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email
address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic
email to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

Pursuant to 119.12 (2), F.S., the custodian of public records is Hampton Peterson, 561.355.2996.

Go back to: Home / Frequently Asked Questions

Search Records Now

  • eCaseView
  • Search Official Records

FAQ: Other Services


Passport Applications - (561) 355-1586

Where can I find online forms and other detailed information about passports?

You can obtain online Passport Information from the U.S. Department of State.

Where do I go to get a passport?

Passports applications are available only in our branch offices:

NOTE: This service is NOT available at the Main Courthouse or the Governmental Center. Visit the State Department's website to find a passport application acceptance agency near you.

Your application will be forwarded to a Passport Agency for processing. The U.S. Department of State issues the passports.

What information do I need to provide?
  • Proof of Citizenship
  • Previous passport OR Certified copy of your Birth Certificate (must have the names of both parents on it)
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • Proof of identity (one of the following)
  • Previous U.S. Passport
  • Valid Driver’s License
  • One passport photograph*

* The back of the application has specific requirements for the photo. Photo may be purchased for $11.00 at any of our branch locations (price does not include sales tax).

What is required to get a passport for a minor?

All children MUST be present when applying for a new passport or renewing passports. If children are under 16 years of age, certified birth certificate must be submitted (must have the names of both parents on it). BOTH parents must appear together to sign the application OR one parent appears and signs the application AND the absent parent MUST submit a completed and notarized "Statement of Consent" Form DS-3053 AND a photocopy (front and back) of their ID. The notarized consent form cannot be more than three months old. See the State Department's website for detailed instructions for applying for a passport for a minor.

What are the fees to obtain a passport?

Refer to Fees & Costs for current fees.

I need my passport in a hurry. Should I pay for expedited processing of my passport application?
  • If you are traveling within 14 calendar days, you must make an appointment at the nearest Passport Agency by calling the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778.
  • If you are traveling within 2-3 weeks, you must request and pay for expedited service plus two-way overnight delivery service. For current expedited service fees, see Passport Fees & Costs.
  • If you are traveling within 3-4 weeks, the Department of State strongly recommends that you request and pay for expedited service. For current expedited service fees, see Passport Fees & Costs.


Contact Information

(561) 355-2996
Email Us
Fees & Costs
E-Newsletter Sign Up
Self Service Center
Time-Saving Tips