Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email
address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic
email to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

Pursuant to 119.12 (2), F.S., the custodian of public records is Hampton Peterson, 561.355.2996.

Go back to: Home / Frequently Asked Questions

Search Records Now

  • eCaseView
  • Search Official Records
  • Reimagined Website Coming Soon

FAQ: Public Records

Records Research & Copies

Records Research & Copies - (561) 355-2932

Official Records Search
Marriage & Divorce Records/Name Changes
Fictitious Name
Birth/Death Certificates
Transcripts of Court Hearings and Trials
Official Records Search
I got the error message "Application Blocked by Java Security." What do I do?

If you receive an error stating “Application Blocked by Java Security” when viewing images, please refer to this Oracle help document, https://java.com/en/download/faq/exception_sitelist.xml. The URL to be added to the exception list is http://oris.co.palm-beach.fl.us.

How can I search for a document in the Official Record Books of Palm Beach County?

Search online.

Call 561-355-2932 and request a search.

You will need to provide the following:

  • Full name or legal description you want to search
  • Exact year the document was recorded or approximate date of recording

Mail your request to the following address:

Clerk & Comptroller’s Office
P.O. Box 4526
West Palm Beach, FL 33402-4526.

You must provide

  • The exact name you want to search
  • Your name
  • A self addressed stamped return envelope
  • Appropriate fees (see Fees and Costs)
  • Check payable to Sharon Bock, Clerk & Comptroller 
What information is used to search the Clerk & Comptroller’s official records of Palm Beach County online?
  • Complete names of the parties
  • Year, month or date of the recording (Not required, but helpful in limiting the search)
  • Legal description of the property (If applicable)
Why can’t I find a document in the Official Record Index online?
  • You may have entered the information incorrectly. Refer to the example for detailed instructions.
  • The document has not been recorded with our office.
Where can I find the Official Record Book and Page number of a recorded document?
  • Online Official Records Listing
  • Call (561) 355-2932
  • In person at the Main Courthouse on the 4th floor, room 4.2500
  • Mail your request to:
    Clerk & Comptroller
    P.O. Box 4526
    West Palm Beach, FL 33402-4526
How do I get copies of documents from Official Records or Court Records?

If you are requesting a large number of documents that will be time consuming to copy, you must submit your order with a deposit.

How long will it take to get copies of documents?

The amount of time required to copy documents will vary based on your specific request. You should call our office at 561-355-2976 to confirm that your copies are ready.

Why would I need to obtain a certified ‘copy’ of an original document?

The certification validates that the copy is true and correct as made from the record in our office. Certified copies are required in a variety of situations.

How can I obtain an “Apostille” (document authentication)?

Visit the Florida Division of Corporations' Web site for procedures.

How do I get an affidavit from the Clerk & Comptroller’s office?

Please call our office at (561) 355-2932 for information about affidavits.

How can I search Official Records for other Florida counties?

You can search Official Records statewide at MyFloridaCounty.com.

What are the fees for obtaining records and other services?

See Fees and Costs.

Do you accept credit cards for payment of your fees?
  • Yes, but you must appear in person to use a credit card.
  • MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover are accepted.
  • The Clerk & Comptroller’s office uses a third-party to process credit card transactions. Customers paying by credit card will be charged a 3.5 percent service charge from MyFloridaCounty.com.
Why do I have to pay $1 or more per page for copies?

The state of Florida requires the Clerk & Comptroller to charge $1.00 per page for copies of records up to 8 1/2" x 14" and $5.00 per page for anything larger (See Florida Statute 28.24(8)(a)).

Marriage & Divorce Records/Name Changes
Why can’t I find my marriage/divorce in the Official Records Index?
  • If the marriage license was not returned or your divorce record not filed at the Palm Beach County Clerk & Comptroller’s office, there will be no Official Record.
  • If your license was purchased or your divorce occurred in another county or state, you will have to search the records in that county or state.
What document is required to get my name changed after I am married or divorced?

After getting married, you will need to present your marriage license to update your name on your Social Security card, driver’s license and other records or accounts. If your name was changed as part of your divorce, you must provide a certified copy of your “Final Judgment of Divorce.”

You may obtain certified copies of these documents for a small fee by calling our Records Service Center at (561) 355-2976. If you don’t need a certified copy, you may download your license for free by using the Official Records search.

How do I change the names on my deed?

You must prepare and submit a new deed for recording.

When do I get my deed after I paid off my mortgage?

You should have received your deed when you purchased the property.
You receive a Satisfaction of Mortgage after you pay off your mortgage.

How can I view a mortgage note online?

If it is not recorded as part of the Official Records or of the mortgage, it is not a record in our office.

How can I find out who owns a property, if I only have the address or a property control number?
Why can’t I find my survey in the Official Records?

Surveys are not recorded with the Clerk & Comptroller of Palm Beach County.  You may wish to contact the company that completed your survey.

Fictitious Name
How do I search for a fictitious name?

These records are maintained by the State of Florida. You can search online at the Florida Division of Corporations' Web site.

Birth/Death Certificates
How can I find a Birth or Death Certificate record?

The Florida Department of Health’s Office of Vital Statistics maintains Birth and Death Certificate records.

Transcripts of Court Hearings and Trials
How can I order transcripts of court hearings and trials?

Transcripts may be ordered from the Court Reporting Division of the 15th Judicial Circuit.


Contact Information

(561) 355-2996
Email Us
Fees & Costs
E-Newsletter Sign Up
Self Service Center
Time-Saving Tips