Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email
address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic
email to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

Pursuant to 119.12 (2), F.S., the custodian of public records is Hampton Peterson, 561.355.2996.

Go back to: Home / Frequently Asked Questions / Traffic Tickets

Search Records Now

  • eCaseView
  • Search Official Records

FAQ: Traffic Tickets

Traffic Violations - (561) 355-2994

Payment of Traffic Citations
Red Light Camera Violations
Traffic School/Driving Instruction Information
Traffic Fines
Pleading “Not Guilty” To a Traffic Citation
Non-Moving Violations
License/Points/Driving Records
Court Dates
Payment of Traffic Citations
How can I pay my ticket?
  • Online:
    Pay online using MasterCard, Visa, America Express or Discover.
  • By mail:
    Do not send cash by mail. Mail your check or money order (made payable to Sharon Bock, Clerk & Comptroller) to the address below or to any of the branch locations listed below:

             Sharon Bock, Clerk & Comptroller
             P.O. Box 3544
             West Palm Beach, Florida 33402-3544

  • In person:
    You may pay your ticket at any of following locations. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for legal holidays.

    Payment is accepted by credit card, cash, check, or money order. A service charge will apply for payments made by credit card.


    Palm Beach County Main Courthouse 
    205 N. Dixie Highway, Room 2.2300
    West Palm Beach, FL 33401

    Branch Locations:
    North County Courthouse
    3188 PGA Boulevard
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410

    West County Courthouse
    2950 State Road 15
    Room S-100
    Belle Glade, FL 33430
    *For USPS Express, Priority or Certified Mail (signature required) to the West County Branch, send to: P.O. Box 4115, West Palm Beach, FL 33402

    South County Courthouse
    200 W. Atlantic Avenue, Room 150
    Delray Beach, FL 33444

    Midwestern Communities Service Center - CLOSED FRIDAYS
    Do not mail payments to this address
    200 Civic Center Way, Suite 500
    Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411

When do I have to pay my ticket?
  • Violations must be paid within 30 calendar days from the date the ticket was issued.
  • If your payment is not received within 30 days of the citation issue date, there is a $16 late fee and a $7 compliance letter fee.
  • If you do not contact the Clerk & Comptroller's office within 30 days from the citation issue date, a process will be started to suspend your license.
What if I can't pay my ticket within 30 days?

You may request an extension by mail or in person at any Clerk & Comptroller location. A $25.00 administrative fee plus a reasonable down payment is required at the time you request the extension. If payment is past due, you will also be charged a late fee and compliance letter fee (see Fees & Costs for the current amounts). The extension allows for three equal payments over a 90-day period.

How do I find out what I owe on my traffic ticket?

Refer to Fees & Costs or call the Clerk & Comptroller’s office at (561) 355-2994.

I lost the citation guide I got with my ticket. Can I get another one?

Download the Traffic Citation Guide (PDF) now.

Is my online payment secure?

We use industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption when transmitting and receiving sensitive information. We do not store your sensitive data, such as full credit card numbers. All credit card transactions are conducted by MyFloridaCounty.com.

How do I pay if my case has been referred to a collection agency?

If your case has been referred to a collection agency, it must be paid directly to the agency assigned to your case.

Please select the link to the appropriate collection agency to make your payment. You may also contact the agency at the phone number listed below.

Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson, LLP


Penn Credit


If you do not know the collection agency that your case was referred to, please contact the Clerk & Comptroller's customer call center at (561) 355-2994 from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday.

Red Light Camera Violations
I received a red light camera violation in the mail. What do I do?

Please visit our webpage regarding Red Light Camera Violations for more information.

Traffic School/Driving Instruction Information
How do I know if I am eligible to attend traffic school?

You are eligible to attend traffic school if:

  • You have not elected to attend traffic school within the past twelve (12) months.
  • You have not attended traffic school five (5) times within your lifetime.
  • You do not have a commercial driver’s license.

You are not eligible if you were issued a:

  • Criminal citation, such as DUI or speeding more than 30 mph over the speed limit, passing a school bus on the loading side and load dropping.

The Department of Highway Safety Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) web site now provides information to customers regarding their eligibility to elect driver school in lieu of points. To check your eligibility, click on Driver License Check under the Driver License heading in the middle of the page. You will need your driver license number.

Will I be assessed points on my driving record if I complete a driving school?

No points will be assessed if you complete traffic school.

What steps are required if I elect to attend traffic school?
  • You must pay the fees for your violation within 30 days.
  • You must complete traffic school certified by the state of Florida within 90 days. Traffic school information can be found in the local telephone yellow pages under “Traffic Schools” or “Driving Instructions”.
  • Or, you may take an online course or rent a traffic school video and complete the questions.
  • You must complete traffic school within 90 days from the date you paid the citation.
  • You must notify the Clerk & Comptroller’s office of your intent to attend traffic school at the same time you submit your payment.

If you attend traffic school outside of Palm Beach County, you must send a copy of the certificate verifying that you have completed the school.

What if I do not complete the driving school course?

If you fail to complete the course within 90 days of your election to attend traffic school and do not pay the fine:

  • Your driver’s license will be suspended.
  • You will incur additional costs.
  • Points will be assessed on your record.

Your license will not be suspended if you pay the late and compliance fees (see Fees & Costs for the current amounts). However, points will be assessed on your record.

Traffic Fines
How do I find out what I owe on my traffic ticket?

Refer to Fees & Costs or call the Clerk & Comptroller’s office at (561) 355-2994.

Pleading “Not Guilty” To A Traffic Citation
What are the steps to plea “Not Guilty” to my citation?
  • You must notify the Clerk & Comptroller's office online, in person or in writing within 30 days of the citation issue date that you are contesting the violations. Your citation number and your correct mailing address should be provided. If 30 days have passed since the ticket was issued and you have not notified our office, you must submit a $16 late fee and $7 compliance letter fee with your request for a hearing.
  • You must attend a mandatory pretrial hearing either in person or via a video conference, where you will have the opportunity to speak to the hearing officer.  No witnesses or law enforcement officers will be present.
  • If your case is not resolved after the pretrial hearing, a trial will be set for a later date. You will either sign for the court date after the pretrial hearing or you will receive the notice of the trial date by mail. If your request was submitted online, the notice will be posted online for you to view and print. You will be assigned a location for your trial.
  • If you have not received a notice of trial within 30 days, you should call the Clerk & Comptroller’s office at (561) 355-2996.
  • For more information, please see Contesting a Traffic Ticket.
What if I was given a ticket for driving:
  • Without a driver's license?
  • With an expired tag/no proof of registration?
  • With no proof of insurance?

If your driver’s license, tag, registration or insurance was not valid prior to the date of the ticket, you must pay a fee and provide documentation. See Fees & Costs for the current amount.

If you can prove that you had the appropriate documentation before you were ticketed, you may mail in or personally pay a dismissal fee with a copy of your appropriate documentation.

Non-Moving Violations
What if I got a citation for improper/faulty equipment?

You were cited and are responsible for the citation, even if you do not own the vehicle that you were driving.

You may:

  • Pay the full penalty for a non-moving violation (see Fees & Costs for amount).
  • Fix the improper/faulty equipment, get the ticket signed by a police officer, and pay the reduced penalty (see Fees & Costs for amount).
  • Plead not guilty.
License/Points/Driving Records
Can the Clerk & Comptroller's office advise me about points assessed against my license?

No. You must address these concerns by contacting the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles at (850) 617-2000.

Can I reinstate my license at the Clerk & Comptroller’s office?

You may be eligible if you have corrected following violations:

  • Failure to appear in court
  • Failure to attend driving school
  • Failure to pay your fine and late fees

The reinstatement fee (see Fees & Costs for the amount) can only be paid by cash or credit card.

How can I obtain my driving record?

You may obtain a three-year or lifetime driver history for a fee at any Clerk & Comptroller’s office location.

Court Dates
Can I change my arraignment, pretrial or final hearing date? How can I request the change?
  • Arraignments: You may change the arraignment one time by filing a motion for continuance to schedule a new date, prior to the court date, by mail or in person.
  • Pretrial or Final Hearing: You may change the pretrial hearings and trial (known as the final hearing) each one time, by filing a motion for continuance to schedule a new date. For pretrials, you may request a reschedule up until the day before the hearing. For trials, you must give two weeks notice, excluding the actual court date, by mail or in person. A defendant is allowed one continuance in writing, filed no later than one business day prior to the scheduled pretrial hearing, per Administrative Order.

Contact Information

(561) 355-2996
Email Us
Fees & Costs
E-Newsletter Sign Up
Self Service Center
Time-Saving Tips