Offices Closed to the Public for All In-Person, Non-Essential Services
Our offices are closed for non-essential, in-person services. For help searching Official Records or obtaining copies, call 561-355-2932.
Scam Alert: Don't Overpay for Copies of Public Records - Palm Beach County residents should be cautious if solicited by private companies offering copies of public records for fees ranging from $40 to $89.
Records Services Transmittal Form - For ordering copies, searches and CD-ROMs
The Photocopy area of the Clerk's Records Service Center provides copies and certified copies of the below documents.
- Official Records such as Deeds, Mortgages, Judgments, Liens, Marriage Licenses, etc.
- Various types of court records including Circuit Civil/Probate and most Unified Family Court cases.
- Progress Dockets from Circuit Civil/Probate, County Civil, and most Unified Family Court cases.
- Plats: Subdivision, Road, and Lake Worth Drainage District - available in either legal size (8½" x 14") or 24" x 36" Bond or Vellum.
Please Note: For active/open cases that reside in the South, North or West County Courthouses, copies and/or information must be obtained directly from that branch of the Clerk's office.
For fee information, please see Records Service Center Service Charges & Fees.
Search Official Records Online
Search our free online database of Palm Beach County's Official Records. View your documents online and print uncertified copies from your own computer for free.
How to Order Copies For Pickup
Copies of records may be obtained by visiting the Photocopy area in Room 4.2500 on the 4th floor of the Main Courthouse.
For copy information or questions, you may call:
- Phone: (561) 355-2976
- Fax: (561) 242-7671 (We are unable to fax copies at this time.)
You may obtain copies of the following documents at all branch locations:
- Official Record documents recorded from January 1, 1968 to Present.
- Pleadings from active case files that reside at the branches.
- Progress Dockets for cases 1988 to present.
How to Order Copies by Mail
Please use the Records Services Transmittal Form when ordering copies.
Our mailing address for general delivery is:
P.O. Box 4526
West Palm Beach, FL. 33402
Our physical address for express mail is:
205 N. Dixie Hwy.
Photocopy - room 4.2500
West Palm Beach, FL. 33401
When requesting copies via mail, payment is required in advance. Any orders which exceed $50.00 require a deposit of approximately 50% of the total copy amount. If you are unsure of the number of pages involved, please contact the appropriate department to obtain this information.
The Clerk & Comptroller provides non-interest bearing escrow accounts for payment of Photocopy, Recording and other fees. Find out more about escrow accounts.
Guidelines for Ordering Copies
Please refer to the following guide for necessary information when ordering copies.
Official Record Documents
When ordering Official Record documents, the following information is required:
- Official Record Book and Page
- Number of pages
You may obtain this information by searching the Official Records online, or you may contact us for assistance with searching the Official Records. Call (561) 355-2932 or write to: Clerk & Comptroller, Palm Beach County, P.O. Box 4526, West Palm Beach, FL 33402-4526
Pleadings from Case Files
When ordering pleadings from case files, the following information is required:
- Complete case number
- Docket entry number(s) for desired pleading(s)
For the case number, please contact the appropriate department, as listed in the table below.
|Circuit Civil||File type CA||(561) 355-2986|
|Family||File type DR||(561) 355-6511|
|Support||File type DR||(561) 355-6511|
|Probate||File type CP||(561) 355-2900|
|Guardianship||File type GA||(561) 355-6511|
|County Civil||File types SC/CC||(561) 355-2500|
Progress Dockets for Court Cases
When ordering copies of Progress Dockets, the following information is required:
- Complete case number
- Specify either "Entire Docket" or "from a desired docket entry number to the end of docket."