Through our Clerks for a Cause program, the Clerk & Comptroller’s office has a proud tradition of supporting nonprofit organizations throughout Palm Beach County, whether through charitable donations or volunteer time.
Dress Down Fridays
The Clerk & Comptroller's Dress Down Friday charity program began in 1994. In return for wearing casual attire to work each Friday, employees have the option of donating $2 a week from their paycheck. The contributions are donated to nonprofit organizations selected by the employees. Since its inception, the program has donated nearly $1 million to local charities.
Nonprofit organizations must be nominated by a Clerk & Comptroller employee to be considered for the Dress Down Friday program. Employees nominate and vote on charities each year.
To be eligible, organizations must:
- be nominated by a Clerk & Comptroller employee
- be registered as 501(c)3 or have a 990 form
- be independently rated
- serve Palm Beach County residents
Charity Recipients 2019
The following organizations were selected to receive donations in 2019:
- Homeless Coalition of Palm Beach County
- Autism Speaks of Palm Beach County
- American Cancer Society, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League of the Palm Beaches
- Habitat for Humanity of Palm Beach County
Other Charitable Giving Programs
Throughout the year, Clerk employees participate in a variety of charitable giving events and programs.