Office Holiday Closure Notice: The Clerk's office will be closed on Monday, October 14 in observance of Columbus Day.


After hours payments on traffic or criminal cases that are not in collections will be available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays and  from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday, October 14, via the nCourt payment system at 561-328-2463. Please have your citation, case or driver’s license number available when placing your call.


The E-Filing portal will be unavailable due to maintenance from 4 – 7 p.m. on Sunday, October 13. 


Operation Green Light: Get your driver's license back and save on fees for overdue traffic tickets and criminal court fines & fees on Saturday, October 19.



Evictions FAQ

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Evictions - (561) 355-2500

New Filing Fees as of August 1, 2019

  • Eviction alone: $185
  • Eviction with damages of $2,500 or less: $185
  • Evictions with damages of more than $2,500: $300

The Florida Landlord Tenant Act can be found at Chapter 83, Florida Statutes. However, please be aware that there may be other law or legal issues applicable to specific situations. It is strongly recommended that you contact an attorney if you are at all uncertain about what to do or how to do it.

The Palm Beach County Bar Association maintains an Attorney Referral Service. The Clerk & Comptroller's Self Service Center can provide you access to an attorney for a nominal charge, for the purpose of providing procedural advice.

  • Evictions

    • After I give proper notice, what do I have to do?

    • Do I need an attorney?

    • May a lease for real estate be oral?

    • What do I have to do to file a residential landlord/tenant action?

    • What do the terms Count I and Count II eviction mean?

    • What if a tenant fails to live up to obligations under the lease?

    • What if a tenant fails to pay rent?

    • What is a “Writ of Possession”?

    • What is proper notice of termination of tenancy?

    • When will I go to court?

    • Where do I go and how do I find detailed information to file an eviction?

    • Who can file a residential landlord or tenant action?