The Main Courthouse is open, but temperatures inside the building are warmer than usual. If you need to conduct business at the Main Courthouse, plan for warmer-than-normal temperatures. You can also visit any Clerk & Comptroller branch location, or conduct your business online.


Face Coverings Required: Anyone entering a Palm Beach County courthouse or government building must wear a face covering. Learn more about our safety measures.


CARES Act Payments: See frequently asked questions about payments. 




Child Support FAQ

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Child Support Page

General information: (561) 355-6511

State of Florida Child Support Disbursement Unit automated system for individual case information: 1-877-769-0251

  • Child Support - 1. Definitions

    • What is a Time-Sharing Schedule?

    • What is Child Support?

    • What is a Parenting Plan?

    • Who is the non-custodial parent (also referred to as a non-residential parent, respondent or obligor)?

    • Who is the custodial parent (also referred to as primary residential parent, petitioner or obligee)?

    • What is the Florida State Disbursement Unit (SDU)?

    • What is an Income Deduction Order (IDO)?

  • Child Support - 2. Legal Information/Case Records

    • How do I get help when I am not receiving Court Ordered Support?

    • How can I access these records?

  • Child Support - 3. Payments

    • How can I set up direct deposit for the payments I am receiving?

    • How are support payments changed?

    • How can I find out when the last payment was made?

    • How do I pay my Child Support?

    • How can I get credit for payments made directly to my spouse?

    • Can the support payment amount be increased or reduced?

    • Do I have to pay a fee in addition to the Court Ordered child support and/or alimony payments?

  • Child Support - 4. Delinquent/Stopping Payments

    • What is the age of majority (emancipation) for the state of Florida?

    • What happens if I receive a Delinquency Notice and I do not think I am behind on my payments?

    • What happens if I do nothing after I am mailed a Notice of Delinquency?

    • How do I stop support when my child turns 18 or graduates from high school?

  • Child Support - 5. Fees

    • What is the Clerk Depository fee?

    • Do I have to pay a Clerk Depository fee with each payment?

    • How much is the Clerk depository fee?

  • Child Support - 6. Name or Address Change

    • How do I change my address?

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer