Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email
address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic
email to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

Pursuant to 119.12 (2), F.S., the custodian of public records is Hampton Peterson, 561.355.2996.

Go back to: Home / Court Services / County Civil Court

County Civil Court

Small Claims

Free DIY Workshops Coming Up Soon

How to Collect a Money Judgment

Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
North County Courthouse, 3188 PGA Boulevard, Law Library
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410

Landlord/Tenant Eviction

Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Main Courthouse, 205 North Dixie Highway, First Floor Cafeteria
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

E-Courts - Using Technology to Represent Yourself

Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Main Courthouse, 205 North Dixie Highway, First Floor Cafeteria
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

See our Do-It-Yourself In Court: How to Collect a Judgment resources toolbox.

Small claims are disputes involving money damages where the amount at issue does not exceed $5,000.00 excluding costs, interest and attorneys' fees. See Florida Statutes, Chapter 34, for a description of which causes of action are under the jurisdiction of County Court.

In Small Claims Court, you can represent yourself if you wish, or you may seek the assistance of counsel if you choose. While you have the right to file and to represent yourself, an attorney may assist you in the legal process.


The forms used for a Small Claims action may be purchased from the Clerk & Comptroller's Self Service Center, or you may use the Clerk's FREE online form preparation program.




You must pay filing fees when you initiate your claim. Fees are payable in cash, cashier's check, business check, money order or attorney's check to Sharon Bock, Clerk & Comptroller.

You must also pay a fee for the Service of Process (summons) by the Sheriff of Palm Beach County, per defendant, and you must provide a self-addressed stamped envelope for each defendant. Payment for service of the summons by the sheriff must be separate from the filing fee payment and must be paid by check, cashier's check or money order, payable to the Palm Beach County Sheriff. If service is to be made outside Palm Beach County, you should contact the sheriff of the respective county to find out the amount of the service fee and accepted methods of payment.

If filing your small claims case by mail, please include an additional self-addressed stamped envelope so any document copies and notice of pre-trial hearing date can be returned to you.

General Information

When considering whether or not you should file a lawsuit, you should ask yourself the following questions:

  • Have I tried all possible and/or reasonable means to reach a settlement?
  • Do I have, or am I able to obtain, the necessary evidence to prove my claim?
  • Do I know the correct legal name and address of the defendant?
Suing an Individual

You need the exact name and address of the person or persons to be sued.

Suing a Corporation

You will need the exact name of the corporation as on file with the Division of Corporation in Tallahassee, together with the Name of the Registered Agent and the address where the Registered Agent may be served. Call 1-850-488-9000, or visit their online information center at www.sunbiz.org.

Suing a Partnership or an Entity Operating With a Fictitious Name

You need the name and address of the person or entity doing business as a fictitious name (d/b/a). If a partnership, you need the name and address of all partners. Many individuals, partnerships and corporations do business under fictitious names. You cannot sue a fictitious name as it is not an entity or a person. It is your responsibility to determine whether individuals, partners or corporations are doing business under a fictitious name. This information may be obtained from the Division of Corporate Information, which will tell you who has registered to do business under specific fictitious names.

Documents Pertaining to Your Suit

If you have contracts, invoices, bills, receipts, letters, etc., which are relevant to your suit, bring one copy for the court file and one copy for each defendant. Bring the original documents to the hearing.

Filing a Claim

You may file your claim:

When you file your case, you will be given a pre-trial hearing date. For further assistance, call County Civil Court at any of the below locations.

Contact County Civil Court

Clerk & Comptroller courthouse locations are open Monday-Friday (except legal holidays) from
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Delray Beach and Palm Beach Gardens locations are closed Fridays.

Main Courthouse 

205 N. Dixie Hwy., Room 2.2200
P.O. 3406
West Palm Beach, FL 33402

Telephone (561) 355-2500
Fax Number: (561) 355-6211

West County Courthouse 

2950 State Road 15, Room S-100
Belle Glade, FL 33430

Telephone (561) 996-4843

For USPS Express, Priority or Certified Mail (signature required) to the West County Branch, send to:
P.O. Box 4115, West Palm Beach, FL 33402



South County Courthouse 

200 W. Atlantic Ave.
Delray Beach, FL 33444

Telephone (561) 274-1588

North County Courthouse 

3188 PGA Blvd.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410

Telephone (561) 624-6650